Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Day of Maddeness: 07 - Part II



I had originally planned to take the day off (yea right, wishful thinking) but it was supplemented by what may go down as The Greatest Lunch Break of All-Time. First, a co-worker who recently started working with me and previously worked at TimeWarner Cable, was able to move my HD Cable Box (more on this in a later post) installation up three days. Then, I made my way to Circuit City to, of course, purchase both Madden 07 and OutKast's Idlewild - both at "New Release" prices, $47.99 and $9.99, respectively. Without my initiation and to my absolute delight, I was given a free sampler of none other than Lupe Fiasco, specifically DJ Envy Presents: Chi Town Guevara Mixtape.

THEN, just a block away from the Circuit City, I peeped a man on the corner with a huge Quizno's sign giving away $2 coupons for regular value meals. Quizno's conveniently was on my way back.

New Madden, New OutKast, Free Fiasco, and a Reduced Classic Italian Meal in one trip. Yahtzee! I might be ready to leave this life now...well after I play Madden and listen to my new CDs - the sandwich is long gone.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Intellectivist said...

I could seriously use a day like that. Knowing my luck, my cable would go out (St. Louis likes to shut things off all the time), they would be out of Madden and Idlewild, AND Quizznos would somehow decide to raise their prices the moment I walked in. I need to move back home. Haha.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter