Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Most Slept on MC?

A lot of people immediately come to mind (Slick Rick-really had the first or second sick flow if you want to include the 18th letter, MF Doom-i'm a big madvilliany fan, Buckshot, Pharoah-when he wants to rhyme hard), but I think Jeru the Damaja is the soporific king. I also like Tash from the Liks, who I think people sleep on alot.

But not only would he get the title of most slept on MC, he would probably get the title of most disappointing. I listen to those first two Cd's and think wow, Hip-hop is made much worse for the lackluster beats that he rhymes over. His first album can go pound for pound with any hip-hop album in existence, period: Illmatic, Ready to Die, Reasonable Doubt, Midnight Mauraders, Low End Theory, 100 Miles and Running, The Chronic, The Score, Blackstar, you name it. It's probably one of the top 5 Cd's I own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter