Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Kindred Spirtis 3? / Greatest IM Conversation of All-Time

I have gone back-and-forth as to whether I should post something of this nature (personal blog rules) but the following conversation is just too amusing. While names have been protected from undesired exposure, if the non-Generalist - possible faulty assumption, so, non-blogger - engaged in the following conversation is a reader of this blog as they suggest they are, then they will likely recognize this past instant messenger exchange (in this life and times, really, is there any other), or given the sarcasm that follows, maybe they won't. Furthermore, any needling is meant purely in good fun and I am quite sure that the non-blogger will take no offense while the greater purpose of this posting is the fact that this conversation could exist at all.

The following has been edited for shortening and clarifying purposes only. Editor's and emphases additions are indicated as such:

Presumed Reader: what’s the link to your blog? [editor’s note: given the very first question, is the assumed name really appropriate?]
a Generalist: http://narcissus-blog.blogspot.com/, why?
Presumed Reader: cause I was trying to explain to [a friend] what a blog is and why yours is so funny
a Generalist: ok...it's funny?
Presumed Reader: it is funny…I mean, its thoughtful, insightful and funny [editor’s note: overstated, but appreciated]…its also funny cause I can hear you saying it
a Generalist: saying what?
Presumed Reader: "Day of Reckoning," your (emphasis added) Tuesday post, that joint just sounds like you
a Generalist: wasn’t me
Presumed Reader: although, the first few entries on this joint don’t sound like you…the end part was
a Generalist: “Day of Reckoning” wasn’t me
Presumed Reader: that was [friend of a Generalist with no previous connection to this blog site]?
a Generalist: no
Presumed Reader: I’m confused, it sounds like you
a Generalist: lol, I’m sure it does
Presumed Reader: who is it?
a Generalist: it might be me, it might not
Presumed Reader: okay but you ARE the generalist--correct? (now that I’m totally confused)
a Generalist: maybe I am, maybe I’m not
Presumed Reader: its you, whatever
a Generalist: how confident are you that its me?
Presumed Reader: Nina Simone and Coldplay? THE ART OF FREAKIN HAPPINESS! yeah that’s you
a Generalist: this is humorous to say the least
Presumed Reader: y?
a Generalist: how confident are you that its me?
Presumed Reader: 80% and I would have said 95% but you are making me question myself which may just be a game to you but its working…it always works when you do it and by the end of this conversation, it may be 50%…30%…5%…but see, "trying to find what’s real in the world" could be you, could very well not be…are you amused?
a Generalist: incredibly
Presumed Reader: plus, the airport lists
a Generalist: what about?
Presumed Reader: all the damn random quotes…its YOU…and I’m SO glad you are entertained…plus, you like hearing yourself talk…so…why not – ha!
a Generalist: interesting
Presumed Reader: you do…I mean, I like hearing you talk too and if I can’t hear it, I’ll read it…clearly people actually go to this shit (emphasis added) so you should be proud that your opinions are ones cats actually want to sift thru, even if only every once in a while
a Generalist: "clearly people actually go to this shit"
Presumed Reader: they do [editor's note: best. response. ever.]…isn’t there a place where you can track it? I mean, I know [a friend] reads it and so does [another friend] and I do…we’re people
a Generalist: there is a counter at the bottom of the site that started last week…and, I see how observant you are (emphasis – as well as the extra emphasis – added)
Presumed Reader: "Paranoia, my little office buddies, paranoia" – that’s ALL you – “my little office buddies”…everyone is your “little ________”

The point of all this:
  1. Even with seemingly ostensible clues, the individual blog content of possible kindred spirits (loosely termed) can be masking.
  2. Simply put, this was all extremely funny to me but admittedly, this post was hard to construct to convey that humor.
  3. Aristocrates should probably step his profile game up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter