Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Contradictions

Just about everytime I go to or immediately around Columbia University, I eat at Tom's Restaurant, of Seinfeld fame. That amuses me because I did not/do not watch Seinfeld. So I got to thinking...what other seemingly contradictory things exist in this Generalist's life:
  • March-April 2005 excluded, I have been a frugal cost-conscious consumer, usually saving funds for a periodic major purchase. However, I have no problem spending good money for a great meal (a very transient pleasure).
  • I am not religious in the religious sense but I tend to like women with "good moral values" who are also open-minded. (Look at that hedged statement.)
  • I think an age-limit will be beneficial to the NBA's core product, basketball, but I would never support the institution of said age-limit.
  • I repeatedly berate Wal-Mart but still shop at Sam's Club.
  • I'm Black and I'm White. (I'm also clownin'.)

One day I'll try to make a more replete and robust list. Consider this a draft.

Random question spurned on by lunch at Tom's Restaurant: How come we, by default, use and top things* off with chocolate syrup and do not more readily use vanilla or another flavor?

*Note: I used "things" as opposed to food.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Generalist said...

By the way, the turkey burger at tom's is off the chain

9:41 PM  
Blogger The Generalist said...

By the way, I love Seinfeld

5:13 PM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

I know you are a big fan but I never got into it...

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9 out of 10 people queried unerringly predicted what i say at this point,

so im sure there is no need for me to write it.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter