Wednesday, June 01, 2005

We've made it...

Well black people, congratluations. We've finally done it. All the perservance, the years of suffering and oppression haven't been for naught. Because on May 31, 2005 I saw the promised land...

That's right. Forget equal access to opportunity, income equity, proportional representation in congress, or any of that other bullshit. Last night, there was a Bid Whist tournament on cable television.

If you don't know what Bid Whist is, you obviously haven't been to enough family reunions or cookouts. Its the ultimate black folks card game (graduated Spades). All people do is talk shit, and get nasty attitudes when they lose. This monumental event was so off the chain, they had people bring a plate to the television show. I know you're out there thinking, there's no way the show producers had the unmitigated gall to have people bring food on national television, but you're wrong. You are 100% wrong.

Kiki Shepard (from Showtime at the Apollo) brought Banana Pudding, and Issac from the Love Boat brought some nasty looking potato salad. I wish I taped it, but Jon Stewart came on and I couldn't TIVO them both at the same time. Well, my life has been made poorer that I didn't catpure this moment for all eternity. So don't complain black woman. Hold your head high black man. The struggle is over...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up but this has to be the funniest thing I have ever read. For no particular reason other than its accuracy juxtaposed against the stereotype, Kiki Shephard and banana pudding. Hilarious!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter