Friday, July 14, 2006

Things I Should Have Blogged About (v.2)...

...over the past two weeks. Just some musings as I steal another reoccuring blog theme from The Generalist:
  • How I thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup and had my sports viewing dominated by tier-two American Sports (soccer, golf, boxing, tennis). As its been said by others, I may not be a full-fledged soccer fan, but I'm a World Cup fan. South Africa, 2010, here I come!
  • How after last night, I'm drinking coffee as I compose this post.
  • That your favorite emcee's favorite emcee is universally becoming Lil' Wayne:

"Wanna know who's on my radar right now? Lil' Wayne. I can tell when a rapper is feeling his rhyme, when he dives into his craft. Wayne's at that point. He's goin' for broke. I love when people ain't bullsh*ttin' me. When they ain't just takin my money." - André 3000

Kanye West basically said something along the same lines, though, in true Kanye-speak. I would have figured that 3000 didn't even listen to Hip-Hop/Rap but obviously Wayne got to him, too. I say "too" because I did a quick perusal of my mp3 library's play count and Weezy looks like he's number 2 behind Coldplay. Go freakin' figure. The Generalist told me that someone said Wayne is rap's version of Seinfeld - he raps about nothing but does it so well. Couldn't agree more.

  • That the University of Maryland did its thing over the past year.
  • If I made a list of the most ridiculous characters in my lifetime, given his position in society, Kim Jong-Il may top the list. First, it was his incredible golf-game. Now, its this. Is comical the appropriate word?
  • So, Gilbert Arenas is ready to sacrifice money for the Wizards and master the international 3-pointer and run a true point for the USA Team? Assuming all thats true, combined with his quirkiness and insane work effort, I'll take the occasional defense and missed free throws, for this cat on my team. And, he is.
  • My particular group at work is up 164% in YOY Growth. My group is handling about 164% worth of workload.
  • ...I started at my job two years ago, today. Happy Bastille Day, folks.

The Generalist speaks of impending DangerDoom for the General Musings. With the caveat that it will stay around at least until he bangs out all of his book posts (December 2006), and the possible reemergence of Puff, anything can happen...I mean Tupac is still rapping about things thats happening tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Musings must stay alive! As far as Lil Weezy is concerned, that guy is definitely the illest (did I just say illest) emcee on the planet these days. I mean there isn't anyone half as creative with their rhyme schemes and no one paints a more vivid picture. I try to listen to other rappers but since May (I know I was sleeping at first) if you aren't bangin out lines like "...I'm awkward like Cartwright, fuck with a ni##a, shot ugly but my arch right" it is very difficult for rap artists to get air time in the ride.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter