Sunday, June 18, 2006

Airplane Food

Since I was waiting on a Smash TV game (XBOX 360), I thought I would bang out a quick post about one of my favorite subjects - Airplane Food.

I know people tend to make lots of jokes about how horrible airplane food is, but since I travel so much, I get to try some every now and then. Headed out to San Francisco last week I had a very pleasurable culinary experience, which I must say, shocked your boy a little bit. Granted, it was probably because I was starving, but that rubbery chicken and those wilted veggies tasted like heaven to me. Top it off with a glass of white wine, and you would have sworn I was..

Then, then! Once you thought it was over, add some coffee with some bailey's, and a slice of chocolate cake.. Game Over. Those excrutiating 4.5 hours in the air only felt like a mind-numbing 3:45.

5 Comments:

Blogger Intellectivist said...

The fact that many airlines no longer serve food actually bothers me, because what I wouldn't give sometimes for one of those horrible sandwiches they offer...



But if you wanna talk pleasurable culinary experiences, hit up first class. It's not that airlines have bad food, it's that they save the good food for certain people...

9:27 AM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

Oh you aint know? This The Generalist we talk about... he (almost) only flies first class. (Ya life).

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or fly coach in South Africa (using South African Air or British Air)... everyone gets china and real...silverware... a fully cooked meal (with semi-fresh dessert)... all the coffee/tea/snacks/juice you want... and wine if you prefer...all for a price cheaper than Southwest or Jetblue. Makes you think.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

And thats just another reason Ill be in South Africa in 2010 for the World Cup and to fly like The Generalist.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good airplane food huh? I am not easily convinced thanks to a few unpalatable moments in the air. Just leave me with my Ginger Ale and I am good until touch down.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter