Monday, May 28, 2007

Quick Hitters

When Puff goes into a thang like she has recently and becomes unstoppable, it makes me lazy just waiting for her to drop more real-talk. But that's shirking so I thought I'd come with some bullet bursts:

  • Watching Blood Diamond was almost equivalent to watching the season four finale of The Wire.
  • I did a bit of travelling from Valentine's Day through the Final Four. Basically, LA - Vegas - Chicago; LA - Vegas; Atlanta. Seems like an appropriate time to dust off the old Airport List. Here's The Generalist's Airport List for good measure. Mine is "expansive," while the tri-con's is (smartly) founded on brevity. Y'all forgot about the Airport Lists; it's cool though.
  • Paul Mooney supposedly will stop using the "n-word" (wink to Puff). This is the same "n-word" who during his routine said that saying "n-word" made his teeth white. I'm almost inclined to go to another show to view his current content. I'm convinced that he starts it by saying, "y'all 'n-words' didn't believe what I said in that interview did y'all?"
  • Lost got really, really good again. I watched from the beginning in January and I wonder what my first long layoff will do to my enthusiasm.
  • It is quite-so-ever-obviously-apparent that Google's close-to-the-vest-kept search algorithm clearly prefers Wikipedia as a trusted source, is it not? I would say that 80% of my searches return Wikipedia in the top 3 results.
  • Chicago style hot dogs are far and away my favorite type of hot dog. My company's cafeteria started serving them and I've been smashing them. And though it's not my favorite style of pizza, I definitely enjoy deep-dish pizza. Maybe Chicago has more going for it than I thought, maybe...
  • Deron Williams is Jason Kidd with a consistent jumpshot and a scorer's mentality. He's worthy of all the repeated hype from Mark Jackson. (And if you missed the "Stephen Wright" clownage between Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson in Game 2 of the Jazz-Spurs series, well you missed an incredibly hilarious impromptu exchange. "You're better than that Stephen Wright.")
  • How come double quotes aren't the keyboard default; they require the shift key while the single quote does not. Do you really use single quotes more often?
  • I had some musical musings but I might as well break that out into its own post. Instead, I'll leave you with what I'm currently listening to: Thom Yorke - Black Swan

1 Comments:

Blogger Puff said...

In order:
Lost Season 3 Finale was freakin ridiculous. I'm talkin Season 1 quality...

I don't even go to wikipedia anymore. I type all my wiki queries into my Google search bar because a) it's faster, and b) I know the wiki link will pop right up.

Chicago sees you seeing us. We don't got the coast, but don't sleep on the eats.

Shouts out to Mr. Williams. Go Illini.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter