Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Career vs. Job

As you can tell, I often muse about my job and my current/future relationship to the competitive capitalist marketplace. A couple years ago, I was participating in a seminar when a presenter gave a rough outline for measuring personal job satisfaction. I thought I'd pass it on.

3 Factors for Job Happiness (factors may or may not be intuititvely understood)

1) money
2) coworkers
3) type of work done [what type of enjoyment you get from doing your "job"]

Normally, if you feel good about two of these things, then you are pretty satisfied. If you can nail three of these things, you're done. Good night. Try to ride that mutherfucker out to retirement. But if you have just have one (or god forbid none), it's time to head to www.idealist.org or www.monster.com (see, I've made it easy for you)

By the way... You should definitely see New Mexico...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter