Monday, May 30, 2005

10 Things We Learned About Blogs

As I was sitting on my balcony today, reading, I came across something that may be of interest. A friend of mine called me a popular intellecutal* today (specifically because i like tv and play video games), and I had never heard the term before. I didn't know whether to be insulted or excited (that someone called me an intellectual). The gift and the curse. But oh well, on to more pressing business.



In the year end issue of Time (where the accidental president, George W. Bush was featured), there was a nifty description of blogs, and the 10 things the eminent mag thought were important to know. So without further adieu... (by the way, blog was the most searched for definition this year according to Merriam-Webster).

  1. Blogging Can Get You Fired
  2. Bloggers Get Scoops Too
  3. Bloggers Keep News Alive
  4. Bloggers Can Be Titillating
  5. Bloggers Can Be Fakers
  6. Bloggers Make Money (not us of course)
  7. Most Bloggers Are Women (again, not us)
  8. Candidates Love Blogs
  9. Pets Have Blogs Too (don't click this link)
  10. Anyone Can Do It Obviously this isn't rocket science... "Blogs wouldn't be such a democratic medium if they weren't so easy to set up. The most popular service, Blogger, owned by Google, boasts features like push-button photo-blogging. Microsoft has launched a trial version of its own blogging service."

So if you have a blog (wink, wink), let us know and we'll post a link. Share and share alike.

*Correction - The previous statement was a gross error, and unrepresentative of the sentiments my friend was trying to convey, I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter