Thursday, May 26, 2005

California Dreamin'

Let me start by saying that I am extremely heisitant to bump the greatest IM conversation of all time, but i've been itching to write for a minute. Plus, the season finale of Lost was extremely suspect, so I figured I would do something to quickly relieve my stress.

As you may or may not know, my travel schedule has been especially ridiculous lately (with me taking about 8 trips in 7 weeks), but somehow I made it to beuatiful nothern California. More specifically, I had the extremely fortunate experience to stay at the majestic Skywalker Ranch in San Rafeal. This is the hideaway that George Lucas (creator of Star Wars and Indiana Jones), created when he became a gazillionaire.



I really wish I could convey the enormity of this incredible place, but i did see what ungodly amounts of money can do for your real estate game. The centerpiece of the ranch is a victorian mansion with 13 fireplaces, 15 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, a soundproof entertainment room, the most beautiful library i've ever seen, Darth Vader's original lightsaber, Indian Jones whip and hat, a Norman Rockwell original, and a partridge and a pear tree....

The grounds also include a solarium, a 400 seat digital theater (where I was fortunate enough to see a screening of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith), and an organic garden. There is also a baker on staff who makes the best almond mango muffins ever created. Every meal I ate there was probably one of the top 20 meals I've eaten all time (sometimes I'm prone to exaggeration). So, I can die now, knowing that I've seen paradise (again, exaggeration).



P.S. Go buy Common's album
P.P.S. San Francisco's airport, extremely average

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter