Saturday, April 22, 2006

Thoughts of the Week

1. That Jamie Foxx belongs on everyone's hard drive, for instant access when you need a little comedy, along with Dave Chappelle's "Killin Em Softly" and the Chappelle's Show "Making the Band." ("The Madd Real World" joint is also quality.)

2. The federal government doesn't provide anything close to the quality of service they would need to justify what they charge to live in the U.S. After finding out I owe no less than $2,000- (that seems to be the magic number)- in taxes, I feel like I need to start making some phone calls. And it better be going to something at least as fulfilling as what would have been a very hot vacation in Brazil.

3. It seems R. Kelly has a new single in the works. He describes it as "like Jurassic Park, except I'm your sexasaurus." Hmmmm. And the crazy part is, the man who made a song about feeling on someone's booty one of the smoothest grooves of the year, still gets the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, is there anything R. Kelly can't write a song about?

4. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I swear Katie Holmes is locked in an attic somewhere while Tom Cruise reads Scientology books to their baby. Homegirl is in too deep.

5. Speaking of conspiracy theories, is it me or is it a little early for a 9/11 movie? I've heard theories that the rampant torture on '24' (which airs on Fox) is just to get the public comfortable with the idea so they won't object when the U.S. does it. A movie about a bunch of Americans who essentially sacrifice themselves for the greater good seems pretty awkardly timed when we're still in the middle of a war that almost no one wants anything more to do with. Maybe someone thought the public needed to be reminded what we're fighting for. Just a theory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Intellectivist said...

It's interesting to me that you point out Americans "sacrificing themselves for the greater good," since, and mind you, I'm no terrorist supporter, but I feel like that's their whole idea behind these suicide missions...


How ironic and hypocritical this country can be, huh?

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter