Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hate List

Companies I Wish I Had the Power to Ruin (in the order in which I would ruin them):

1. Bally Total Fitness - Why is it that a company that's been in the gym business forever only this year decided to offer pay-as-you-go memberships? Could it be all the money they were making collecting fees from people they had trapped in insanely long contracts? Or the money they made when those people changed their minds and Bally's sold their contracts to collection agencies? Really, who can pick a company one day, and know they'll still be happy with that company 3 years later??? No one. And evil, evil, Bally's knows that.

2. AT&T - Now... in all fairness... part of this was a misunderstanding. Still, when you realize that it's a misunderstanding, you're telling me I still have to pay you the $120 that you mistakenly charged me and then wait 2-3 months for you to give it back? Cuz there's no way for you to just credit my account in the meantime right? And... AND... When I call and tell you that the repairmen who charged me the $120 never gave me the supposed receipt for services I was supposed to get, the best you can say is, "Well, they were supposed to leave you a receipt." Inefficiency like that should ruin a company.

3. Comcast Cable - Between the cable company and the NFL, somebody needs to figure out how to get me these Thursday games. This is ridiculous. And why does a package that costs $6.99 increase my bill by $16. It should be illegal to quote someone a price that doubles with taxes and "fees."

On the bright side, if you're ever going crazy for cookies and cream and your local grocer is out, Haagen Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond just might get you through.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mystifiedlady said...

When will the No Fun League realize they are losing money, but above all viewers, having the Thursday games on the NFL network?

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say we go internal and ruin them from the inside out. Get into HR and hire people who lose contracts to other phone companies (that they privately own). Contract out our services to cell phone companies and ineffective tech support staff. Give ourselves raises and cut line support staff - wait a minute, they do that already

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter