Thursday, April 05, 2007

12-Song Commute

Back in September or so I bought a Sprint LG Fusic Phone. I don't own a digital music player (read: "iPod") - gasp! - so in addition to satisfying my need for a cell phone with a battery life greater than a half-hour, it also provided me with travel-beats. Now, the phone only came equipped ("with rearview mirrors" j/k, umm, nevermind) with a 64 MB memory card. That's good for about 12 normal sized mp3s, give-or-take. I briefly considered upgrading to a larger sized card before realizing that 12 songs almost gets me to work and back. I see this as a good thing because if I could load a large portion of my library I would probably fall back into listening to songs that I always do. Instead, I upload tracks that I have put-off or are brand new, brand new. So then, here is the playlist that makes up the current "12-Song Commute":

1. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
2. Black Milk ft. Royce Da 5'9 - Guilty Simpson (Remix)
3. Fat Joe ft. R. Kelly, Lil' Wayne, Birdman, T.I., Ace Mack, Rick Ross - Make It Rain (Remix)
(Purely for R. Kelly's contributions and that's probably the first time I've ever said that.)

4. Gym Class Heroes - Cupid's Chokehold
5. Saul Williams - Black Stacey
(I was rocking the remix with Nas last week. I very much like the different feel of the versions.)

6. Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
7. Willie Hutch - I Choose You
8. UGK ft. OutKast - International Playas Anthem
(Yep...that's the original right into the sample. I would say more, but 3000 really deserves his own post at this point.)

9. Wordsworth - That Way
10. Wordsworth - Trust
11. Wordsworth - What We Gon' Do
(See this is an example of me listening to something I want to but for whatever reason don't. I'm a big Wordsworth fan, for what it is worth.)

12. Dynasty - Adventures In The Land of Music

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Intellectivist said...

Song four is my joint (if you like that you should check out "Shoot Down The Stars") and well, I feel you on the R. Kelly thing. I think the song with Joe was weak (aside from the beat and chorus) and the remix is purely hot because R.Kelly blows that joint up. Sick.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Puff said...

i know it doesnt satisfy your criteria of having been put off or being "brand new," but honorable mention: kingdom come is a helluva commute song, walking or riding. just something about it.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter