Monday, August 13, 2007

200 G.O.A.T.


The National Association of Recording Merchandisers, the people who sell music, have put together a list of 200 albums that should be in every music collection. I have 32. I'd say it's a pretty good list. I was especially impressed to see that the following personal favorites were included:

26. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette
105. CrazySexyCool, TLC
133. Unforgettable: With Love, Natalie Cole
145. Toni Braxton, Toni Braxton
151. janet. Janet Jackson

Of course there were a few that raised my eyebrows:

67. Confessions, Usher (maybe toward the end of the list)
154. Big Willie Style, Will Smith
162. Let Go, Avril Lavigne (especially not 2 spots above the Fugees)

And a few that were mysteriously left out

II, Boyz II Men (inexcusable oversight)
12 Play, R. Kelly (They picked the R album over this one?)
August and Everything After, Counting Crows (98% sure about this one)

1 Comments:

Blogger Intellectivist said...

Good look on the list. Between my father and I, vinyl and CD, we have over 40. If you include my mp3 collection, it expands to about 60. And if I had the money/computer space I probably would have somewhere around 100. Great list. Real quality music.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter