Friday, March 25, 2005

Semantics

Look back at my first entry: "first post"... "post"... "postings"... "posting-vehicle"... "musing."

Obviously, as evidenced by my use of "posting-vehicle" I did everything in my power to avoid using the b-word (blog). People really like this word?!?!? It looks and sounds plodding and heavy. Blog. Look at and say that! It's neither a pretty combination of letters in script nor a pleasant sound to the eardrum. I can't think of any word that I hate more with a few overused marketing terms that have been uttered one too many times at the workplace for the kid's liking (e.g. turnkey, organic).

That said, i'll likely use the word out of convention but I'll cringe every time I do so.

(11:59 pm = faithfully fulfilling a theoretical responsibility to a figurative people)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we love your timestamps.
and we're not figurative.
your fault as a blogger is our failing as a commentator.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter