Thursday, September 15, 2005

Book Idea

I've been playing around with the idea of reading a book a week for a year. The plan probably won't go into effect into the beginning of January 2006, so you've got time to get into reading workout shape. Yes, I'm talking about you. Although I can't say this is a totally original idea (see exhibit 1, exhibit 2), it isn't a bad one. I would definitely have to sacrifice a couple things in my life to get it done (probably video games, around the horn/pti, and some sleep), but I think it's worth it.

Last year, I read 13 books (which is a far, far cry from 52), but I've read 6 in two months, so I'm starting to get back into fighting shape. Ayn Rand really slowed me down last year (Atlas Shrugged - 1100 pages). I mean, 20 pages of single paragraph small text, of straight laced polemics about the evils of identity politics, will do that to you. Getting through that, should really count for 4 books of my favorite genre, sociology lite: (see Blink, The Tipping Point, The Wisdom of Crowds, The Paradox of Choice, Freaknomics, for examples).

But enough excuses, we'll see if I have the balls to pull this off. By the way, if you aren't listening to Sufjan Stevens, you should be...

Motivation Number: 9/15/2005 .81% [oh yeah, you're looking right. that number did drop from 1.09, although, if i get this t-mobile sidekick it might inch up a little bit]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter