Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Quotables

I save quotes I enjoy for a slow posting period...I'm currently in one of my longest with no end in sight.

This one comes from someone whom I would deem as a kindred spirit for my boy because I think my boy is on his way to rocking pink capri pants just like C-Po. If you couldn't tell, I love this quote especially because I imagine how he would say it among his boys.

"To live like I ain't never lived before. If y'all see me in the news, and I make the news for something that I ain't got no business making it for, don't bash me. Say it was a young guy living." - Redskins Running Back Clinton Portis, on his plans for the off-season


And this one, well this is one of the most gangsta lines I've ever heard, both in terms of content and cadence. Context: Bernie Miklasz wrote that he was disturbed by "infighting and politics" within the St. Louis Rams organization, and said executives owe any head coach their support. "Be it [Mike] Martz or another man, I don't care who sits in the head coach's office at Rams Park. The head coach should be backed, not back-stabbed, by associates," Miklasz wrote.

Samir Suleiman, a Rams team executive, responded with a voicemail to Miklasz.

If this were a rhyme, the flow is as sick as the lyrics:

"Tell your source that I'm not a back-stabber, I'm a [expletive] throat slasher, and he'll know the difference before it's all said and done."

Gangsta...its in competition with Q's nasty quote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter