Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Where Did This Come From

Primarily because Paris Bennett just wrecked American Idol with a Billie Holiday interpretation of Take Five, I felt a strong inclination to download Sounds of Blackness - Optimistic (her granny was the lead singer) from ITunes. Another way to hear the Sounds of Blackness, is to check out Common's - Carhorn (madlib remix).

Its easily the best song i've heard this year (the last time i heard this song had to be a decade ago). I seriously feel like I can conquer all my enemies (including non-literate people).

Paris Bennett - Audition (watch Paula go into a thang at the end)

I was telling my co-con, that I might possibly have the most diverse cd changer in America right now (although The Carter II should be in there instead of Juelz). 3 of these albums are okay, 2 are good, and one is great. If I only had 10 bucks, i would probably go with the bjork.
  1. Copeland - In Motion
  2. Juelz Santana - What the Games Been Missing
  3. Anthony Hamilton - Ain't Nobody Worrying
  4. S.A. Smash - Smashy Trashy
  5. Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
  6. Bjork - Vespertine

2 Comments:

Blogger Aristocrates said...

Yes, The Generalist is absolutely correct. American Idol should SHUT DOWN. Turn it off. Its over. Done. She smashed the audition. Her B. Holiday interpretation of Take Five was so damn good, I watched it probably 50 times in a row. The diction is so sick and so precise. END THE SHOW. TURN THAT MOTHERF-R OFF. Simon was unequivocally in awe, Paula went into a complete Tizzy, and Randy got Paul Wall with it and was like a boy in a daze in the land of the lost (not to mention he said "Wow" like 6 times). Then, even when she got banged out by the door, she didn't let it phase her excitement.

I wish she had a microphone so she could have dropped that mug and walked off like it's a wrap. It's over. Everyone leave. Done.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know heredity and geneology aren't the only factors that contribute to an excellent singing voice and great stage presence, but do you think that the P has an unfair advantage because of her grandmom (yes, I'm aware that unfair is a loaded word but it sparks debates about justice and morality which I love)?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter