Sunday, January 22, 2006

Updating The Vault

The blog came out of the gate for 2006 on an insane pace. It lost a little steam this week with the co-con travelling as always and my crazy work hours. I had a bunch en-queue just waiting to see the light of the internet so rather than hold them up, I will give them free.

3 Sunday Posts Today for your reading pleasure (hopefully)...see below

Here, I'm updating previous posts with a couple of random musings:
  • Regarding my Steelers vs. Colts post from a week ago, I was going to add and change a few things but of course leave it to my favorite writer, Bill Simmons, to basically encapsulate everything I was thinking (maybe he was reading me, maybe not) but with humor. One of those articles where I said "that's what I was saying" about 25 times. The Sports Guy article. Oh...and you should definitely read Parts I & II of Isiah Thomas threatening harm upon Billy Sims if they were in each other's presence. Pure comedy. Come on, Isiah, what are you on? This has given my roommate and I the terrific idea of going to a Knicks game with a sign that says, "We vote Bill Simmons as the Knicks GM." I'm soooo excited about the prospects.
  • In I Just Know What I Know - Part II, I wrote about Emigrant Direct providing the highest online savings rate. Well, that title (to my knowledge) now goes to HSBC at 4.25%. Something to look into - I am.
  • Airport List 1.2 has been updated. There were a few new airports added and there was a very very very surprising move at the top but it had to be done.
  • Read this article by Chuck Klosterman (who will make my reading list before the end of the year, fa sho) about white players being compared to white players and blacks to blacks. Remember all white skill position players (e.g. wide receivers) are "heady" and "deceptively quick."
  • T.I. - What You Know...can't explain it but it's become one of my one-song playlists. I'm always a fan of real airy sounding beats (OutKast - Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik; Kanye West - Celebration) and just hope that the artist somehow adds to it. T.I. does that here and he is off the mad lampin feel.
  • I saw Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe. I didn't like it one bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter