Monday, January 16, 2006

MLK

"[Martin Luther King, Jr.] wanted everyone to be created equal."

- Jamal Crawford, Shooting Guard, New York Knicks, on a taped segment that aired during today's Knicks game concerning some of the players' thoughts on Dr. King.

I know, I know, I should be using this space for something worthwhile rather than comedic on MLK day but BELIEVE ME, I'm taking the high road (for my standards) on this as opposed to some of the other ridiculous, around-my-boys, type comments I've made.

It's interesting that in a league that is about 80-85% black, the NBA plays a full slate of games on MLK day. In honor, I suppose...I guess.

Just as balance, here is an article that my homegirl just passed along to me:

The Pressure to Cover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter