Monday, December 25, 2006

Tis the Season


A Christmas Post for Your Reading Pleasure:

I went with my sisters (and our unofficial new sister) to see Dreamgirls today. Some reflections on my moviegoing experience:

1. Dreamgirls is a pretty cool movie. I wish I could've seen the play.
2. Jennifer Hudson sings her a** off. Her character was a pretty big personality, but still, I'm not exaggerating when I say her voice could've had its own spot in the credits.
3. Fandango is very cool.
4. I heard Beyonce say she wants to be the first black woman to win a Grammy, a Tony, and an Oscar. She's done the Grammy 9 times over. The Tony certainly seems like an attainable goal. But as I'm not sure about your girl's dramatic potential, I am happy to say she may very well pick up a little gold statue for Best Song for "Listen," which she kills (... kills) in the movie.
5. Eddie Murphy is a fool.

Moving on... I just watched an episode of Family Guy that was Laugh Out Loud funny. If you haven't seen Brian Goes to Hollywood, get at it.

And finally, I'm not sure what the blogging by-laws say about posting about previous posts, but if you haven't peeped the SNL joints below, make it your business. (Seriously, click the link.)

Merry Christmas, folks. God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter