Monday, April 30, 2007

G-Block

Once you get by the seriousness of workers getting hurt while working on the New York subway, this headline/story strikes a particular chord.

The good ole G train. The only train that doesn't go in Manhattan; the train that lifetime Manhattanites don't even know exists; the train that essentially runs every half-hour when it gets dark and, because of it, wasted at least 5 hours of my Summer of 2002 to go two stops (I later found I could have continued on the A/C and walked two more blocks...yea); and most importantly, the train and hood that The Generalist and I held down during said summer. For that and Kim Kau's, Sapolo's, Zaytoon's, Luigi's, and "Grocery" I got love for the G and I don't like to see it associated with bad news.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Generalist said...

Because of spring cleaning, I just got rid of my G-Train' t-shirt. man i loved that thing.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

It's very hard for me to believe that you did that... especially given where you are most likely to live at some point in your future.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Puff said...

(seriously...) why would you do that? im all for efficiency, but i feel like sentimental value should've saved that one.

5:09 PM  
Blogger The Generalist said...

You're the one who told me to get rid of it!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter