Sunday, April 29, 2007

Interesting Factoids

...That May Only Interest Me.

I've averaged 1,645 text messages per month over the last three months (February = 1,395; March = 1,687; April = 1,854). That's almost 55 per day which is completely mind-boggling and I'm the one sending the texts.

Morgan Pozgar, a 13-year old from PA who won the LG National Texting Championship, estimated that she sends more than 8,000 text messages a month to her friends and family. That's almost 267 text messages per day and. that's. stupid.

I was handed a flyer for this competition and for a second entertained the thought of participating but then saw that the competition was QWERTY based. T9Word is my thang and while a part of me feels like I could make a good showing at my best, would I really stand a chance if cats in their formative years are "practicing" over 200 times a day?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Puff said...

Speaking of random competitions, ESPN has a Couch Potato contest I'm almost sure I could win. And 1,600 texts a month? I almost wanna be like Who are you talking to??? But I realize that's not even the point. Your text game is ridiculous.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

Hmmm I wanna be like "Who am I talking to???"

I remember two summers ago I hit 550 in a month and thought that was really doing something.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gangsta! I think I've sent 70 text messages all year. Oh and
T9Word really helped me get my text game up about a year ago
Good look

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter