Thursday, April 12, 2007

Last (Only) Words On This Subject

Keep in mind that the quote I provided a few posts ago was posted because I thought it was funny.

I'd rather not talk seriously about Imus (surprise!), mostly because it will get beaten over the head until the next bigger story comes out and it gives credence to an off-putting comment made by a shock-jock/comedian who like his cohort has always been in the business of pushing the envelope. (Let me be clear though, I'm NOT dismissing him and certainly not the comment, and obviously, the Rutgers women do not deserve to be thrown in the public hat with his colleagues and politicians...It's just you know all that. Plus, I leave hard-hitting commentary to the tri-cons :).)

But once you get past the "seriousness" of the issue, my dad brought up a good point:

Isn't Don Imus the absolute last person who should be clowning someone else's appearance and nappy-headedness? I mean look at that cat ^---.

3 Comments:

Blogger Puff said...

Your dad makes quality points (on "serious" subject matter). Reminiscent of the Generalist's classic Diet Pepsi commentary.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

One of my favorite posts, indeed. Ah, we miss The Generalist.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Puff said...

I was tryin not to say it, but this the shit I be talkin about... Snoop, explaining why what Imus did is different (worse) than what rappers do:

It's a completely different scenario. [Rappers] are not talking about collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about hoes thats in the hood that aint doin shit...

Yeah.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter