Wednesday, August 17, 2005

10 Things Every Single Man Must Own: 10

As both of the contributors to this site are single men, I thought it might be interesting to examine the contents of this 'list'. From the 10 things every single man must own list published on msn.com
10. The Joy of Cooking
Few things are sexier than a guy who can cook... but if toasting Pop-Tarts is the extent of your expertise? Then get Joy, the bible of all cookbooks since, unlike its trendier, more specialized alternatives like Nigella Lawson or Rocco DiSpirito, it contains recipes for just about anything you could think to make, all laid out with instructions that even an alien from another planet could figure out. So go ahead, invite her over for something simple (vegetarian chili, for instance) or exotic (Chicken Kiev, anyone?) and learn that the way to a woman’s heart is through her stomach, too.
Hmm. I would blaze this book a little more, but one of my homeboy's owns a copy. Now even though i'm a budding chef, I don't know if i would feel good about enthusiastically recommending the most popular cookbook in the history of the world. Now granted, I've never even opened the book, but it's probably all meatloaf and potato salad recipes with leeks and parsnips. Between Good Eats and 30 Minute Meals you should be straight.


1 Comments:

Blogger Aristocrates said...

Hilarious commentary...and I don't even know if you were talking about me (re: homeboy), but I - the co-contributor - own a copy of this book. As a budding chef myself, it was passed on to me as a "must-have," and that mug is vast and seems to include everything but honestly, I hardly ever open it. Instead, just as you said, I stay on my crush Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meal Cookbooks - I now own them all.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter