Sunday, August 07, 2005

Moving Adventures pt. 2

Well after an excrutiatingly long hiatus, it seems that the internet (along with cable) has returned to my life. I felt like a Luddite for a while, with only old dvd's to keep me company. To cope, i've though of couple ways to make life without cable and the internet bearable....
  1. Buy an expensive stereo sytem (what better way to get acquainted with all the music you forgot about).
  2. Video games
  3. I suggest as a precaution, you should buy at least 2 DVD's of your favorite sitcom/drama. For me this includes OZ, and The Simpsons (season 4-8).
  4. Good books. I've been burning through them at a pretty good clip these days, finishing 4 last month, and I'll probably get through 2.5 this month. Freakonomics, which I've been raving about, and the new Harry Potter are both good choices.
  5. Call folks you haven't spoken with in a while.
  6. Work out.
  7. Explore the immediate area around your new dwelling.
  8. Think to yourself . I went through very old documents when arranging my old stuff, and I felt like Camp Lo. Black Nostaljack.
    Thinking, what a novel concept.
I did resign to stop letting media control my life so much (i'm such a sucker for information, especially the inane kind that has no relevance to anything whatsoever). So I'll let you know how it goes...

Motivation Number: 8/7/2005 1.09%

Disclaimer: This month was a bit of an anomoly, with a number of unexpected expenses. This includes a number of things that I needed to refurnish my apartment (paying for movers, shower curtain, new garbage can, tv stand, receiver, speakers, sony psp, etc.). Thus there wasn't as much movement on this number as I would have liked this month... LOL. I'm a product of reaganomics

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book suggestion - even though I had to come to your blog to get it ;). Also, since when is a PSP a moving expense?

11:12 AM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

The last commenter's question is funny to me, because I posed the same one...

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter