Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Day of Maddeness

This post is two days late but given that I am currently a nomad with no "home" internet access and that work has been extremely busy for me the past two weeks...bear with me.

I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge one of the most exciting days of the year. I'm talking about that second Tuesday in August that makes 1.1-1.3 million people during that week drop over $50 for the new Madden ('06). (A video game going Platinum in a week at $50 a pop! Crazy. This ain't no $9.99 CD, folks.) While some of my fellow bloggers (e.g. The Generalist, Perfectionist) have made many a gadget suggestion recently, I'll suggest that which has held me down like Alchemist for 15 years.

I'll admit, I was a tad wary over the exclusivity granted to EA Sports/Madden regarding NFL licensing and how it might stifle ingenuity, but as is usually the case, EA has not disappointed. I didn't think I could be more excited about a video game as I was last year - mostly due to my taking a 4-year college hiatus from video games essentially (what sense did that make?) - but with the focus on improving the realism of the passing game, your boy has once again been reinvigorated with the bug.

Now if I only had somewhere to play it...

"On another note now:"

The second part of my work-group outing on Tuesday (first was a cooking class at the Institute of Culinary Education) was a trip to see Mad Hot Ballroom. This movie had three things that I truly love:
  • Kids in their innocence
  • Ballroom dancing (some of them anyhow)
  • The use of positive kinesiology in primary education (I personally think that schools would improve significantly if every student took properly taught Martial Arts - maybe a future post)

Now yes, it would have been nice (though maybe impractical) to see in more detail what effect engaging in dance and competition had on these kids but honestly, this was one of the best movie experiences I've ever had. I definitely think you should see it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Perfectionist said...

I'll definitely co-sogin Madden as the purchase of the month. Next month will be the best of both worlds when Madden hits the PSP for the first time ever! Go ahead and mark your calendars for Sept. 27th now that Aug. 9th has passed.

11:58 AM  
Blogger The Generalist said...

Yeah, relucantly I will also co-sign this. I really think there should be a difficulty level in between all-pro and all-madden. If all-madden was fair, I feel like I would be more comfortable playing, but when David Terrell is cathing everything, you know something's wrong. Very wrong.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter