Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Guess Who's Bizzack?

Four score and seven years ago, I (almost we) used to make postings to this blog. Given that I specifically know the limitations faced by the co-con in being able to publish ("publish" ha), it's definitely the fault of I. I guess even a non-writer can have writer's block.

I doubt my absence has truly bothered anyone considering I either struggle for content or brevity, though truth be told I almost accomplished both in a task for work today - maybe a sign of things to come. Conveniently, my blog-disappearance coincided with the birth of blogs from supposed loyal/occasional readers. That isn't to say that I (but indeed, maybe we) inspired folks to do such...or on second thought...maybe my lack of quality made folks say "hey, I can provide something better than that." (I know one of those said new bloggers would be all over me for self-deprication. "Whatever.")

Computers and life have been taking their toll on my eyes, which got me to thinking about how much of a rip-off eye care is. Problem is...if you want to see, you must buy it. So how about a list of things that personally seem way over-priced. You probably have bought some of this ish and have also been caught up in the hype:

1. Eyeglass frames - Come on, $50 for a frame!!! For some thin pieces of metal or plastic. How much do they cost to make - probably a G-Unit member. Purely taking advantage of a need...
2. U.S. President - I'm sure we could find something else to put a majority of that campaign spending towards. Wait, hold up...I may reconsider this one given that the man heading the worst contemporary presidency was just re-elected. To that point, maybe more marketing to correct such "inefficiencies" may one day prove beneficial. Am I suggesting objective voting for the best man - or least of the worsts - instead of (blindly?) along party lines??? I've never been very optimistic about the majority of people looking objectively at their deep allegiances, but then I watched Andrew Sullivan this past weekend on "Real Time With Bill Maher."
3. LASIK Surgery - (Theme) Thousands of dollars for a procedure that takes all of 2 seconds per eye. The machines are sunk costs...give us a break!
4. Manhattan Movie Theatres - $10.50/$10.75 for a movie - all of the time. They should be handing out the DVD of the movie as you walk out the door.
5. Washington Redskins Season Tickets - Ignoring this year, given the overall product in the past decade combined with the highest average ticket price in the Not For Long league, is like the anti-me - it don't mix. (Note to self: I still buy the ish without being caught up in the hype. Crazy.)

The Flipside: Things for which I feel so good about giving money:

1. Quizno's Classic Italian Sub
2. Quizno's Chicken Cabo Sub
3. Quizno's Classic Italian Sub (yes, it's that good)
4. Quizno's Angus Double Steak & Cheese Sub
5. Quizno's Classic Italian Sub (no really, it is)

Seriously folks, I question the judgment of people who do not like a Quizno's Sub. I am being absolutely serious. When I buy a Quizno's Sub, I always want more. If you were to ask me what are my favorite things to eat, and I were to be truly honest with myself, the Quizno's Classic Italian Sub would be in my top 5. The Generalist and I just had a detailed discussion about this very topic and the thing is, the sub doesn't include anything that you couldn't put on a sandwich yourself. But when they proportion that mug out, coupled with the Red Wine Vinaigrette, and top it off with the Toasty Flatbread - the sandwich is incredible. It is soooo hard for me to order anything other than the Classic Italian but there are so many other subs that taste terrific as well. I do not comprehend how someone could not find a Quizno's sub that they didn't like. Is it apparent I cannot stress this enough?

The capper? The subs start at $2.99. I could buy like 1,337,792,642.14 Quizno's Subs for the price of one U.S. President!!! You make the call...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were missed; if that matters to you.

2:25 PM  
Blogger The Generalist said...

Come on dogg, you got all the money in the world. Why you complaining over some eyeglass frames...

3:52 AM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

Here you go with that mindless "all the money in the world" crazy talk. What are you on with that? Crazy talk, that's what. (Obviously)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter