Friday, October 21, 2005

...you saved me

i guess its guess who's back part 2. seriously, i thought i was done blogging until my co-con saved me (definition at the end of post)... I guess I had just lost the desire; when i started writing it was because i wanted a vehicle to express myself. Somehow, it became a chore, and I
unfortunately violated several of the most revered rules in the blogosophere (telling people you know about your blog, etc. etc.).

Because of the type of person I am, i didn't want to feel like i was doing something just to do it, then all of a sudden my co-contributor energized me. I felt like John Locke on Lost when Jack pushed the button for him. So hopefully, I'm back for the first time, and ready to get my post on. Headed to Portland on Sunday, maybe I'll catch up with some trailblazers.

What I'm listening to: Sly Johnson - Is it Because I'm Black (like, the reason i got skipped over at qdoba's yesterday).

"you saved me" - the current context of the phrase comes from gambling with my cousins. I come from a family of gamblers, and we play tonk. When somebody hits you, and you have to stay in the game another round, another player in the game might say, "you saved me"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love tonk...just so you know.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter