Monday, October 17, 2005

A Rainy Day...

Or 8 of them. It rained for 8 straight days here but on the 9th day, the storm that just seemed to hover over only the tri-state area, cleared out for the weekend. I've never seen that much continuous rain, meaning everytime I went outside there was at least consistent drizzle.

I'm generally a fan of rain actually. I like: how it cools the air; the smell; the sound; how it dims outside (im nocturnal and light averse); and how cats who possess the weak umbrellas struggle when theirs gets all inverted and bends inside-out - highest of comedy. Of course, I can laugh because I happen to own the best and strongest umbrella with the most space-efficient and lock down infrastructure. Yes, big words for the Riverside (VA tidewater area) umbrella - or any umbrella in general - given to me by someone I have yet to meet, but I swear by it.

I will admit though, when you are predominantly in "work clothes," and spend at least half of your travel time walking, rain isn't such a great thing - especially on islands (big and small), where the rain will move horizontally 25% of the time.

Here is something to add to your time-killers (i think that's a good name for a band) for those reserved to their dwellings during times of downpour. You've probably seen the generic version of this, but putting this face on it makes it THAT much better...just snap that head back a few times:

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

And on a slightly related note, check this out. Apparently, 2% (amazingly) applies to more than milk:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2005/10/13/BL2005101300885.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter