Monday, November 07, 2005

Back to Basics AKA 10 Things Every Single Man Must Own: 7


I thought about writing about the newest episode of the Boondocks (Adult Swim really has the best music intros ever, and if you don't watch Inuyasha or Naruto you should check it out). But then I realized I forgot about the 10 Things Every Single Man Should Own List. So because my co-contributor has taken a hiatus, I figured I'd pull double duty. Here we go:
7. $150+ jeans
Why cough up that much dough when you can find a seemingly-fine pair for much less? Because designer denim does make a difference—and you can wear them everywhere from a dive bar to a five-star restaurant, if paired with the right shirt and suit jacket. Check out stores that carry Diesel, Evisu, Paper Denim & Cloth, or Seven. Since every pair of jeans fits differently, you will need to try a few on: Err on the side of too tight as opposed to too baggy, as jeans do stretch a bit as they are broken in. Choose a pair that isn't too trendy (warning signs include more than five pockets, garish stitching, and too much "distress," like rips or bleaching) unless you're willing to buy into next season's style as well.
The Generalist - Now, I'm definitely not the most sophisticated brother out there, and I like jeans as much as the next man, but $150 dollars? Damn. I'm not saying never (nor have I been to a five-star restuarant, that I know of), but this seems like a little much. On a scale of 1-10, I'm gonna have to give spending $150 for some jeans a 0. Get it outta here. I feel like my guy young hov, "This ain't diesel, nigga these is evisu". Word Hov? Word?

2 Comments:

Blogger Aristocrates said...

The Kid and $150 jeans - that don't sit well...

10:36 AM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

Every time I glance at the picture, I see "Evil Genius"

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter