Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Just Know What I Know - Part I

So yea, another hiatus - due to lazyness (story of my recent life) more than writer's block as I actually have had a number of things that I've wanted to post. However, the work grind, computer repulsiveness (eye thing), weekend travel, Madden '06 (still), weekday socializing, and the fact that I have these things all written out in my head on my commute home but lose it when I walk into my apartment have contributed to another prolonged break.

My theme for this week, which inherently suggests that I'm publicly proclaiming that I will have a number of posts in the immediate future which has proven to be my most motivating writing tool, is "advice." I'm no Ann Landers, nor Hov for that matter, but I just "know what I know."

My first part of advice stems from the very nature of this site's existence - Blogging. I had meant to post a comment to the co-con's post "...you saved me" but then too much time had elapsed and I figured I would make the comment its own entry.

My co-con graciously gave me some credit for re-energizing him to get back in the postage game, which, if I have not said explicitly, could be stated in the opposite direction. I bring that up because a few of my friends, including one of my best who at one point clowned this blog as "silly" (just depends on what day you read it I think), said something to the effect "maybe I'll get a blog." I say "of course, why not?" At the least it could be a personal brain release regardless of whether you have loyal readers or not - blogging forces me to think about something regardless of how unimportant that thing is. But, I do think it would be much easier to sustain if you share the space with someone else. The primary thing that keeps me coming back is to see if the co-con has posted something new and then I become motivated when I see a run of 3 or 4 in a row. Your co-con(s) can cover for you during long posting lapses and more importantly keep you interested in your own site. Now you might not find as a perfect a fit as we have in being self-annoited generalists but there may be a friend of yours with whom you could share a theme even if that theme is not sharing anything at all (really, what wouldn't work? it's just a blog). Then again, if you are more disciplined than The Generalist and I, then you're fine, sign up and run with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter