Friday, November 18, 2005

I Just Know What I Know - Part III

I never really used text messages until Christmas 2004 when I had so many folks who I wanted to get at that I went for quantity vs. quality. Since then, as it has become an extension of my conversation staple, AIM, folks have bestowed the names of Fingaro and Rollie Fingers on me. On two recent occasions, in the midst of sending out about 3 messages in 45 seconds, I had two of my closest boys overreact (as typical) and comment something to the extent of "Man, the way you type messages so swiftly and efficiently." What I discovered in both cases is that neither of my homeboys knew of, or how to use, the T9Word function. That suprised me - a lot.

What is T9Word? It allows you to enter text using a predictive text entering system that reduces the amount of keys that need to be pressed while entering a word. For instance, if you pressed 5 - 4 - 3 - 3, by default you would get "Life" - if you pressed next (0 - zero) then it would automatically show "Lied."

If you want to step your text message game up (like my homeboys needed to do), then you might want to quickly (and easily) learn this little tool. I figured most everyone knew and used it, but I want make sure all of the millions of readers of this blog are well informed and are able to have the best text message game possible. Fingaro does...as he can send a message from inside his pocket given his command of the keys. If I've found treasure for just one reader, this post has been a success.

While I'm talking about it...Why is 3 - 6 - 6 - 8 's default word "foot"? and then "font"? and THEN "dont"? Dont is obviously going to be used more often (especially for my pessimistic self) than the others, I shouldn't have to press next twice. And don't tell me about punctuation, no one needs punctuation in a text message.

Rollie Fingers aka Fingaro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter