Thursday, December 01, 2005

Smarmy Post

I've been trying to bang this post out for a while, but unfortunately the Courtyard Marriott in North Carolina and my Thinkpad don't really like each other. I feel like mad things have happened since the last time I set down to write. In the past 2 weeks I've been in New York for 5 days, Atlanta for 5 days, and North Carolina for 4.

The XBOX 360 came out (I seriously entertained ideas of getting a HDTV), I realized that my co-contributor and his roomate live a movie, and, I got to catch up with some of my favorite people. I also missed 2 Lost episodes, 2 Prison Break episodes, and a partridge and a pear tree.

All this time was not for naught, as I made my first visit to IKEA (YES!!!), where I bought inexpensive bookends, cheap quilts, and unnecessary bookshelf lamps. I also finished a book, which I enthusiastically recommend for people who like smarmy intellectualy types (and who doesn't like smarmy intellectual types):
The Know-It-All : One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A. J. Jacobs (Hardcover)

4 Comments:

Blogger Aristocrates said...

Please excuse The Generalist as it was another return for him in the blogosphere and he may have let the excitement get to him, when saying that I as the co-con, and my roommate, live a movie.

He obviously needs to stop and truly think about, reflect on, and relive his own life. Man, his life.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ayo, did you know that for 2 bucks a pop and the new itunes, you can download Lost episodes that you missed as soon as the day after they aired? I discovered this nifty little tidbit of information when I got my new video ipod. You can watch the episodes in your itunes, if you don't have the ipod. The quality is pretty nice, too.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How in the world are you gonna fail to mention that even though you missed Lost, you gained insight into singles' mixers, bar dress code-Carolina style, yuengling, WG's, Southern Season and its infamous Oolong (10.50/oz next time). Always good seeing you.

8:05 PM  
Blogger The Generalist said...

LOL. My bad, yes, that's definitely true. North Carolina is a cool spot. I apologize.

As for the Lost episode, the PSP does me right, so normally I just get em and watch 'em on the plane.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter