Thursday, February 02, 2006

Gangsta

I'm sorry to interrupt and disturb any of the beautiful blog love that is occuring but I wanted to relay something that I found amusing.

Unfortunately, the firm for which I work went through a massive reorganization that left some folks without a job. We have one interesting character here who self-describes himself as "marching to a different beat" and happened to be one of these unfortunate individuals. His last day in the office was today but on Tuesday, the day after he found out he was leaving, he wore a shirt that said, "Employee of the Month." It sooo fit his personality (he has a dog named Bella, would walk down the hall asking if people still worked here) to do something like that and it was HILARIOUS to me.

I only post this to say, if you and I ever work in the same firm, and I get fired/laid off, I'm pretty sure I will repurpose this idea.

P.S. By the end of the week, I'll owe 3 book posts and another thats just been sitting. I hope to bat .500...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's just as funny as "you can get it... every thursday"

yeah I still feel you

5:40 PM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

Your comment made infinitely funnier by the fact that I was (and am currently) wearing that very shirt when I read said comment.

8:25 PM  
Blogger becomingme said...

I'm sorry to interrupt and disturb any of the beautiful blog love that is occuring but I wanted to relay something that I found amusing.

Aristocrates, do I detect a bit of cynicism or, maybe, jealousy?

11:26 PM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

Oh no, not at all, not in any shape or form... It brings a great deal of joy to see such interaction, however, I wouldn't be me if I didn't start off with something of that nature (plus, honestly, I had no better lead in)...the co-con knows that, its something just to do them.

Plus your "Get It" List completely made my week...I laughed out loud at my desk when I read it.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter