Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I Got Indy


... for 2 reasons:

1. They've been at it longer.

The Colts have been knocking on the door of Greatness (and having it slammed in their faces) for a few years now. That can only go on for so long. It's just Peyton's turn. The Bears, on the other hand, have only recently returned to respectability. It'll be their turn later.

2. Superbowls immortalize quarterbacks.

What sports fan, really and truly, can stomach the thought of Rex Grossman being remembered as a Superbowl-winning quarterback? Now some might say, Well if he wins a Superbowl doesn't he deserve to be remembered as a Superbowl-winning qaurterback? ... Nope. It's like saying, If OJ was acquitted by a jury of his peers, doesn't he deserve to be treated like an innocent man? ... Hell no. Because they don't act like a great QB and an innocent man. I mean, "I couldn't concentrate on the game cuz I was thinkin bout New Years Eve??? ... If I did it, this is how it happened??? What the hell kinda shit is that?

So I got Indy (... although I think we all know I'll be celebrating either way). Seriously, it's like Puff's DreamBowl.

See you in Miami.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aristocrates said...

Well, I got Super Bowl XLII.

#2 had me rolling though I've never put much stake in someone being distracted in heat of the moment competition. I mean even in MY league games, in the middle of taking an 18-footer, I'm not like "Man, I still need to send that email." But Rexy came out of a pocket with it so...

11:49 AM  
Blogger Fredric said...

Can't BELIEVE you're taking Indy....I don't care if you don't like Rex, that doesn't have any relevance to the simple fact that DEFENSE wins championships.

Peyton is going to Canton and WILL win one, eventually...just not on Sunday.

Anyways, shouts on the black youth project (as mentioned in fb) and this blog on ours: http://ybpguide.blogspot.com/2007/02/black-youth-project.html

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter