Monday, January 29, 2007

Running It Back

Things that made me chuckle this weekend:

  • This was a comment about Barbaro but then he was euthanized this morning. I like horse racing by the way, and I had an "interest" in the Kentucky Derby.
  • Questioning whether "Super Bowl Sunday" should be a national holiday...? No. That would be a waste of holiday because it's on Sunday. Now, the annual Tuesday Madden release day is another story.
  • Steve Nash playing point guard.
  • Item 9 in Jon Wertheim's Australian Open article: This is what's known in the business as a money quote. Asked about her fitness level following her title, a giddy Serena Williams responded: "I'm definitely in better shape than I get credit for. Just because I have large bosoms and I have a big ass. I swear my waist is 29-30 inches. I swear I have the smallest waist. And just because I have those two 'assets' it looks like I'm not fit. I was just in the locker room staring at my body and I'm like, 'Am I not fit? Am I really not fit? Or is it just because I have all these extra assets that I look not fit.' I think if I were not to eat for two years I still wouldn't be a size 2. No matter how slim I am, I always have this [points] and that [points]. We're living in a Mary-Kate Olsen world. I'm just not built that way. I'm bootylicious and that's how it's always going to be."
  • The number of people I know going to Las Venturas for NBA All-Star Weekend.

On another not-really-funny note, this is just more validation that basic "personal" finance need be taught prior to college enrollment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter