Friday, April 13, 2007

Poetry? In Motion

Has anyone ever read one - one! - "Poetry In Motion" (a short poem posted in typical ad space in public transportation - specifically, the New York City subway) and said, "Yea, that was a good read." To keep it real, and with apology to offending anyone's personal attempt at art/poetry, I think most are horrrrible.

I was already thinking about making this post but then it was confirmed when while riding on said NYC subway with my roommate, unprompted he turned to me and said, "Those poetry joints are always horrible to me." Me: "Youngin', wow, get out of my head."

This would be my second "equivalent to The Generalist's view of Garfield."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mystifiedlady said...

I agree...they usually make no sense BUT I saw one on the train this weekend that you might actually appreciate (I won't say like)...it's called "Utterance"

Sitting over words very late I have heard a kind of whispered sighing...not far...like a night wind in pines or like the sea in the dark...the echo of everything that has ever been spoken...still spinning it's one syllable...between the earth and silence.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter