Sunday, June 10, 2007

All Things Political, vol. 4.1

So if anyone remembers how perplexed I was to realize that I would seriously consider not voting for Barack, even though he's black, then you can imagine how perplexed I am now that I'm seriously considering voting for Ron Paul, even though (15 years ago) he may or may not have been less than fond of black people.

And I love black people (... really, I do. I know that was in question at one point.) It just seems like every time the man opens his mouth, sense falls out. First at the Republican debates, then on Bill Maher, then on the Daily Show, then on Tucker Carlson. I mean if for no other reason than that substantive disagreement is necessary for progress, Ron Paul is good for American politics. Even if he were 90% wrong (which he's not), he'd be one of the best things to happen to mainstream politics in the last 20 years.

Unfortunately, I have no evidence that he'd actually make a good president. At least, though, I don't think he'd make a stupid one, which is a decent start.

Just in case anyone is disinclined to click any of the links, I'm including this one in the post for good measure. Click it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Intellectivist said...

Wow. So my first reaction to this post was that you had pretty much lost your senses. But after watching that video I'm just baffled at who this man is. He's a republican? And not only that, he pretty much told Guiliani to shut up, and for that he'll forever earn himself a place in my "you are appreciated" hall of fame.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly? No, you are joking... I see you on your MAC just laughing, waiting for someone to respond. Thinking in your mind that you have placed the perfect bait on the hook, waiting for the perfect fish to take a bite...Well I almost did but I'm not hungry...you are quite crafty

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter