Sunday, August 21, 2005

10 Things Every Single Man Must Own: 9

9. 300-thread-count cotton sheets
Let’s face it: You (and hopefully your date) will be spending a lot of quality time here. So skip the scratchy polyester blends and splurge on some 100-percent Egyptian cotton sheets with a thread count of 300—the higher the thread count, the softer the sheet. It’ll run you around $120 for a queen-size set (for a good selection, check out bedbathandbeyond.com), but anything that might keep her in bed longer is worth the expense, right?

I didn't realize this list was primarily about impressing women, but I'm starting to have my suspicions. As I have never slept on 300-thread-count cotton sheets, I can't really comment on the comfort-level of the bed sheets, and their relative level of necessary-ness for the single man. I can tell you what I do know. I do know if comfort is what you're looking for, bedbathandbeyond usually have t-shirt sheets which are very very comfortable. Honestly, if my wife didn't like t-shirt sheets I don't know if we could be married. Everything else feels like cotton/polyester torture.

I just came from the movies (Hustle & Flow). I am relatively certain that D-JAY didn't have 300-thread-count cotton sheets. And he was a pimp.

4 Comments:

Blogger Perfectionist said...

I can see where you are coming from but I will let you know that you can tell a huge difference between the sheets of a 300+ thread count. It does make you want to stay there which is never a bad thing...

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why cant we just get the entire list at once?

4:40 PM  
Blogger The Generalist said...

patience, patience...

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$120 is way too high for 300 count sheets. Cop some at Marshalls for $49.99. Now, if you really want to spend a buck twenty, get some 600s.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter