Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Requiem for a Dream

Dear Reader,

After three years, the time has come to retire the Musings. In composing this final post, I was prepared to leave you lightly, with a poem a la Dr. Seuss. But digging through some old posts just now, I was struck by the contrast between the early days and some of the more recent stuff. There's actually some pretty heavy (beautiful) stuff back there. And so I had no choice but to switch it up.

I once observed that no matter where you find a Generalist in life, they seem to be Trying really hard. Trying in all sorts of ways but, I think, just generally trying to Be where they are. In the beginning, that was pretty apparent in the posts. Three years, three contributors, and perhaps three mid-life crises later, things, on the outside, have settled down. Less general musing, more general observation.

If yours truly and my now retired co-contributors were to sit down today and fill out the "About me" sections of our profile pages, I have no idea what they would say. I'd like to think we'd all be trying just as hard as we were three years ago, and openly so. Whether we are or not, we seem one by one to have found other places to record our progress. And so, the time has come to say Good-Bye. It's not quite quitting while we're ahead, just before we fall too far behind. And as with anything in life, the last to leave turns out the lights.

Thanks for reading.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aristocrates said...

Beautiful and just in time...

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Web Site Counter